Farmers market season is in full swing! The quintessential summer event is a great way to get outdoors and shop for fresh vegetables, fruits, cheeses, and other goods from local vendors. Here are some of our favorite farmers markets throughout Chicagoland, Northwest Indiana, Southwest Michigan, and Southeast Wisconsin.
In July and August, we’re headed to Southwest Michigan and Northwest Indiana for our second annual @properties Home for the Summer tour. While we’re excited to give you a sneak peek of some of the beautiful properties we have to offer in these resort home communities, we’re also excited to spend some time in the sun.
The mention of a farmers’ market conjures images of freshly picked produce, handmade jams and jellies, and locally-sourced meats and cheeses — all at your fingertips on a sunny day.
In Northwest Indiana and Southwest Michigan, it also brings to mind food trucks, artisans, live music, and weekly yoga. From the taste of homegrown flavor to enjoying those sunny summer days, farmers’ markets have a lot to offer for early risers and midday visitors alike.
Before those dog day of summer, find your way to any (or all!) of these hand-picked local farmers’ markets:
Subscribe via Email
- Winter Recreation Right Outside Your Door
- The Holidays Can Be A Surprisingly Busy Time For Real Estate
- Have a Wonderful Winter in Northwest Indiana
- The Time to Think Spring (Market) is Now
- At $1.62 Billion, Christie’s Visionary: The Paul G. Allen Collection Sets Record For The Most Valuable Sale In Auction History