There are many ways to spruce up your home as you transition from summer to autumn. And with countless trends and festive decorating ideas, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out where to begin to get your home into the spirit of the season. One tip is to approach fall décor one room at a time, starting with a place you and your guests gather most, such as the main living area.
Whether your idea of fall décor means sticking to a neutral color scheme, incorporating bright oranges and reds or just adding small accent pieces, the goal is to make your guests feel warm and welcome with items that you can repurpose throughout the year.
Here are some of our favorite items to prepare your living space for fall:
Add warmth by adorning your couch or loveseat with a knit throw. A neutral tone fits in with most styles and is a cozy addition to your main living space.
- Target – Chunky Knit Throw Blanket
- Crate & Barrel – Styles Ecru Fringe Throw Blanket
- Restoration Hardware – Chunky Hand-Knit Throw
Bring the smell of autumn indoors with a pumpkin spice-scented candle, or opt for a pumpkin colored-candle instead. Uniquely shaped containers and jars add to the fall-time theme and can be reused to house plants, candy or trinkets when the candle burns down.
- Target – Spiced Pumpkin Ceramic Pumpkin Jar Candle
- Crate & Barrel – Pumpkin Color Candle
- Sur La Table – Figural Pumpkin Spice Scented Candle
Nothing says fall quite like a healthy dose of plaid. A tartan pillow does the trick without being overwhelming or clashing with your carefully curated living room aesthetic.
- Amazon – Beige and White Buffalo Check Plaid Throw Pillow Covers
- Overstock – Samuel Plaid Woven 18 Inch Throw Pillow
- Williams Sonoma – Classic Tartan Pillow Cover, Stewart
Tree Branch Coasters
Avoid rings of water on your furniture with on-theme coasters. Wood coasters add an interesting, rustic style to the room and offer an understated approach to bringing in the outdoors.
- Target – Thirstystone Square Bark-Edged Coasters
- Crate & Barrel – Petrified Wood and Resin Coasters
- Terrain – Maple Wood Engraved Coaster Set
Coffee Table Staples
Swap out your old magazines and coffee table books for some seasonal centerpieces. Add fillers to a simple ceramic bowl or glass vase.